Fashion sense
I have come to realize while being here in Ohioland and seeing masses of people every day that there are two fashions of today and I think are ridiculous and I wish they would stop.
The first of these is when a girl has a tank top that she thinks might be too scandalous, and instead of either just not buying the tank top, or wearing another tank top underneath, she wears a t-shirt. I think this is hideous, especially when the t-shirt and the tank top don't match. I don't understand why they just can't wear the t-shirt, and what makes it worse is that they make the argument that they really like the tank top and want to wear it. I find the flaw in their argument to be that when they put a t-shirt under the tank top, the tank top loses its purpose and becomes merely a colored covering for the t-shirt, and who in their right mind wears colored coverings for their t-shirts? It leads me to believe that there is something wrong with their t-shirt. Maybe they spilled some kind of sauce all over the front and want to cover that up. I don't know.
I also get incredibly irritated when catholic companies making t-shirt take the slogans of other companies and change the wording just a little bit to make it catholic. I think it is incredibly stupid and I wish that we could come up with our own slogans instead of "catholicing" secular graphic t-shirts. The worse offenders of this that I have seen lately have been "Spirit" instead of "Sprite" and "Mass - billions fed" with the McDonald's "M" Seriously? Has it come to this? Are we so incapable of being original that we have to use what other people have already thought of? Do they think that's funny? Do they think that evangelizes? Obviously some people like it because I've seen people wearing them, but still I wish they would think of something clever that no one else has ever thought of.
I also don't like ornamental belts, but I don't feel as strongly about those, so they don't get put into the fashions I can't stand category.
1 comments:
Are you serious! Girls are walking around with t-shirts under their tank tops? That sounds hideous.
Post a Comment
<< Home