RIP Br. Pascal
I was told that I should post this so I thought I would....
My favorite memory that I have of Br. Pascal was how on Holy Thursday when the Abbot would wash the feet of the other monks, Br. Pascal was always one of those brothers. And even when he wasn't doing well the others would help him to his seat and help him with his shoes so that he could be served by the Abbot.
The fact that the Abbot washes the feet of the others has always meant a lot to me, and I think back to it a lot when I think about service and how those of us who are the leaders are called to be less than those people that we serve. And the fact that Br. Pascal was always one of those who was served especially meant a lot to me. Just to see how the others cared for him, and gave him that special spot showed me how much they loved him, and how much they cared for him, and it reminds me daily of how much I have to learn about love, and how much I don't love those around me as I should.
0 comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home