A Woman of No Importance

The critic is he who can translate into another manner of a new material his impression of beautiful things

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I have heard your request

And maybe in a couple weeks I'll grant it, but for now we're sticking to the same. Besides even if you have to go and look up these quotes its good for you to know some things that have been said by playwrights throughout the years.

This one is by Friedrich Schiller

I nothing doubt it, by your side there sit
among my judges worthy noblemen
but they are protestants and jealous too
for England's weal. Can such men speak true judgement
on me, the Roman Catholic queen of Scotland?

4 comments:

At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I imagine this is from the play Mary Stuart.

What is the request?

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger The Critic said...

Do you mean of Mary?

 
At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your title was "I have heard your request". So I was wondering what the request was.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger The Critic said...

Oh I see. Friday requested that we do movies, but I think movies would be much much to easy, and besides I like plays.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home