On the third day God created Tom Cruise
Its true, I read it in the tabloids. My third day in Rome turned out to be a lot of fun actually. It started off getting up nice and early for the overview of Rome tour which took us to some Piazzas and to the Pantheon, which I always get confused with the Parthenon and I get really excited. We also went to this one place that the New York times declaired to have the best coffee in the world. No, it wasn't McDonalds, which is also by the Pantheon. We also made a stop by the Trevi fountain to throw in some coins...guess who's going back to Rome???!! And get some gelati from Blue Ice, which I learned has the best ice cream in all of Rome. In Assisi there was this one place that would give you 3 scoops for 2 euro though, best price I have seen in all of Italy. That's a handy little tip for you to keep in mind. We also made a trip to the bone church, which I'm not gonna lie creeped me out a lot. Then we again trotted off as fast as possible to the church that has St. Theresa in exstacy by Bernini.
After the tour the idea was that we would go to the Spanish steps and run over the St. Peter's to climb the Cupola. Well, as we got to the steps I noticed this very large group of people standing across the street with camera and all sorts of weird offical looking things, and upon enquiry I found out that yes, Tom Cruise was in Rome. Oh to be still my beating heart. I really could have cared less about him, but hey, if he's going to make an appearance I might as well stick around.... To make a long story short we waited outside the hotel for about 2 hours and did not climb the Cupola. It really was a lot of fun though, not because we were waiting for Tom Cruise, but just because we were waiting for something. Plus watching the Paparazzi freak out is hilarious, every time a car went by or someone came out of the hotel, or one of the special guards moved they would all pick up their camera and start running around. Dangerous, but amusing. We never actually saw Tom Cruise, but my friend and I got interviewed for some new station. They asked us questions like "Are you excited about the upcoming wedding?" We answered with the most unenthusiastic yeses I have ever heard. My favorite question was "Do you think this wedding is more special?" I told her no and she looked very dissapointed.
After there we ran over to the Colloseum to have a tour around there and the 4 of us that had waited at the hotel all ran up to one of our friends and told them we saw Tom Cruise, to make her jealous or something. Then we had to tell her that we didn't really see him, but we have this theory that he was probably in the hotel somewhere, and since I was looking at the hotel, indirectely I have seen him. The tour was nice, we looked at the Colloseum on the outside, and went over to the Circus Maximus and the Roman Forum. After that I went back to the hotel and waited for dinner.
I'm pretty sure that dessert that night was a good one. As usual, we watched Italian game shows after dinner, and I fell asleep almost instantly. I like to think that my falling asleep had something to do with the 10 miles I walked every day, but I think it also had to do with the wine at dinner...something like that.
2 comments:
guess who's going back to Rome???!!
The only time I missed throwing my coin into the fountain was the last time we were there. But, since you've made it back to Rome, I'll take it as a good sign that I'll get back there too!
By the way, good answer on the Tom Cruise wedding. How that whole fiasco can be a storybook wedding I don't know.
Yes good answer on the second question, but how could you say you were excited about the wedding. Ugh. I wish they would get it over with so I didn't have to hear about it anymore.
Post a Comment
<< Home